Macon County – Nine local nonprofits have been selected to receive a total of $150,000 in grants from the Impact100 grant fund established at The Community Foundation of Macon County (CFMC). This year’s grants are focused on projects and programs that impact the greatest needs of Macon County’s arts/culture/recreation, social services, conservation/environment, health, and youth, nonprofit sectors.
“This year’s Impact100 grant recipients represent the variety of critical needs and forward thinking of our nonprofit sector,” says CFMC Chair of Discretionary Grants, Rachel Moran. “Some nonprofits are expanding programs or creating new ones, and some are doing what they can to keep their doors open. All are working to provide a better tomorrow for our community’s most vulnerable populations.”
This year’s recipients, individual awards and proposed programs divided by the type of funding received:
- God’s Shelter of Love, Safe Bed Nights Program, $10,000
- Pawprint Ministries, Next Level Training & Development, $12,000
- Decatur Family YMCA, Memory Keeper’s Chorus, $15,000
- Decatur Cares Rescue Mission, Building Hope and Dignity, $15,000
- Boys and Girls Club of Decatur, Healing Arts Program, $15,000
- Empowerment Opportunity Center, Empower Pantry, $16,000
- Children’s Museum of Illinois, Outreach Program, $19,000
- Greater St. Louis Area Council Scouting, Mobile STEM Lab, $23,000
- The Good Samaritan Inn, Sack Lunch Program, $25,000
Questions about the Impact100 grant program should be directed to Rachel Moran email@example.com or 217.429.3000.