The Decatur Regional Chamber of Commerce has announced the finalists for the 2022 Chamber Awards to honor the accomplishments of businesses over the past year. The 2022 Chamber Awards are sponsored by A.D.M. and Hickory Point Bank and Trust. Nominee finalists have been announced in the following categories:
1. Ambassador of the Year – This will be awarded to the Decatur Regional Chamber of Commerce Ambassador that exemplifies volunteerism, attends chamber functions, such as Ribbon Cuttings, Business After Hours, and is willing to help with any activities that may come along.
2. Citizen of the Year – Presented by Mayor Julie Moore Wolfe.
3. Community Contributor- This will be awarded to the Chamber member business who has consistently demonstrated qualities of compassion, and service to either one organization or a variety of volunteer activities in one year. The charitable activities/events or service listed cannot be part of the nominee’s job description or duties.
4. Entrepreneur of the Year – This will be awarded to the individual who demonstrates strength of motivation while displaying creative and innovative business practices to achieve success.
5. Non-Profit of the Year – This will be awarded to the organization demonstrating effectiveness in meeting their mission, as well as their creative and innovative ideas in moving their mission forward.
6. Small Business of the Year – This is awarded to a Chamber member business with less than 100 employees who has shown growth and positive community impact over the last year.
The event will be held from 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. on March 1st. Tickets are $40 per person. Purchase tickets online at www.decaturchamber.com or by calling 217-422-2200.