With the Kiwanis mission of “serving the children of the world”, the Early Bird Kiwanis Club of Decatur recently presented cash contributions to six non-profit organizations to support activities and programming toward youth that meets this mission. The recipients were:
- Good Samaritan Inn– $500- providing meals to the children of the Decatur community
- Baby Talk– $500- providing age-appropriate books to be given away to children during program activities
- Children’s Museum of Illinois– $300- funding for themed books that were given away to children during the Storybook Shindig event
- Salvation Army– $250- supporting the various programs offered to children of the community
- Kiwanis International Children’s Fund– $125-supporting grants to community clubs that wish to change children’s lives with emphasis on healthcare, education and leadership development
- Camp Grenada– $125- providing snacks and drinks to children with diabetes during their camp experience at Allerton Park
The Early Bird Kiwanis Club offers these contributions in an effort to support activities and programs that improve the quality of life of youth both locally and throughout the world.
Early Bird Kiwanis meets each Thursday morning at 6:45 a.m. at The Decatur Club. Anyone interested in visiting or learning more about the Club is encouraged to contact Club President, Bill Meyer, at 217-521-6520.