Macon County COVID-19 Update
Newly-confirmed COVID-19 cases:
- Thursday, June 23, 2022: 73
- Friday, June 24, 2022: 41
- Saturday, June 25, 2022: 37
- Sunday, June 26, 2022: 27
- Monday, June 27, 2022: 24
- Tuesday, June 28, 2022: 70
- Wednesday, June 29, 2022: 76
Please note that, while there were 348 newly-reported cases, 3 previously-reported cases were determined to be from out of county and were transferred appropriately.
- Up-to-Date on Vaccinations: 2
- Not Up-to-Date on Vaccinations: 8
*Per CDC, up-to-date means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible.
COVID-19 related deaths since the start of the pandemic: 339 Macon County residents
We are incredibly saddened to report the passing of 2 Macon County residents with COVID-19. One resident was a male in his 70s and the other a male in his 80s.
COVID-19 variant breakdown since April 1, 2021: 735 cases
· 398 cases of B.1.617.2/AY.1/AY.10/AY.100/AY.102/AY.103/AY.118/AY.119/AY.12/AY.122/AY.126/AY.2/AY.25/AY.25.1/AY.26/AY.3/AY.3.1/AY.34/AY.39/AY.39.1/AY.4/AY.43/AY.4.3/AY.44/AY.47/AY.5/AY.6/AY.75 (Delta variants)
· 143 cases of B.1.1.7 (Alpha variant)
· 86 cases of P.1/P.1.1 (Gamma variants)
· 87 cases of BA.1/ BA1.1/BA.2/BA.2.9/BA.2.12.1/BA.5 (Omicron variants)
· 7 cases of B.1.427/B.1.429 (Epsilon variants)
· 4 cases of B.1.351 (Beta variant)
· 4 cases of B
· 3 cases of B.1.621 (Mu variant)
· 2 cases of B.1.2
· 1 case of B.1
Totals reflect case information from Thursday through Wednesday. Hospitalization numbers included in this report reflect only Macon County residents currently hospitalized, regardless of hospital location. Deaths are included in the number of confirmed cases. All numbers displayed are provisional and are subject to change.
Macon County Vaccination Details can be found at the following link:https://dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccine/vaccine-data.html?county=Macon
Macon County COVID-19 Risk Metrics can be found at the following link:https://dph.illinois.gov/covid19/data/countymetrics.html?county=Macon
Macon County Community Level can be found at the following link:https://dph.illinois.gov/covid19/data/community-level.html
Macon County Health Department