6/19/21 STATEMENT FROM THE DECATUR PARK DISTRICT
Splash Cove Update
Splash Cove is committed to working through solutions to create a safe and fun environment for our employees and patrons.
The following Splash Cove policies will go into effect as of Monday, June 21, 2021. These policies are put in place for the safety of our community. Additional security will be present at the facility during operating hours moving forward.
Splash Cove updated policies:
- All minors 15 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 and older to be admitted into Splash Cove.
- All visitors age 5 and older will require a Splash Cove-issued identification card. Splash Cove identification can be obtained at Splash Cove or the Decatur Indoor Sports Center front desk beginning June 21, 2021.
- Completed registration form and signed acknowledgement of our code of conduct required when obtaining identification. Forms can be found online at Decatur-parks.org.
- No re-entry allowed.
- Open swim will now close at 6:30 p.m. daily. Passholders admitted at 11:30 a.m. Non-passholders will be admitted at 12:00 p.m.
- Capacity will be voluntarily reduced by 25%.
Current policies will also continue to be strictly enforced including:
- No running, dunking, horseplay, rough housing or foul language will be tolerated. Any person deemed as not following this rule will be asked to leave the facility with possibility of being banned.
- No outside food or drink allowed. There are two water stations available for filling of empty bottles.
- Bag check required upon entry.
- Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices are allowed.
- Riders must be at least 48” to ride water slides and zip line. Experienced swimmers age 5 and up may utilize the dining boards and rock wall.
- Only official swimwear may be worn in the pool and is up to manager’s discretion.
- No smoking of any kind, including vaping, is allowed inside pool fence.
- All purchased food and drink must stay in concession area.
- No refunds regardless of weather, attire or length of stay.
- Lock up your valuables. The Decatur Park District is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.